We would like to publish the answers for the most common questions CDC+ program participants have in regards to Level 2 Background Screening and Live Scan Fingerprinting.
- Who prints and gives the clearance letter to the Consumer Directed Care Plus (CDC+) employer?
APD Area Office through CDC+ Consultant
- Can and are Area offices supposed to print the clearance letter and provide to CDC+ Employer?
The Area is to print the clearance letter and give to the CDC+ Consultant.
- Where is the Background screening system generated letter maintained?
The clearance letter is generated and maintained in the DCF Caretaker Information Screening System and emailed to the Area Office.
- What system is the clearance letters generated from?
The DCF Caretaker Information Screening System
- Are there System notifications when background Screening results become available? For example, does it email the Area office?
- Is the Clearance Letter generated by DCF or APD in the Area for CDC+ clients?
APD, however the DCF logo is on the Clearance Letter.
- Who maintains the background screening information and good moral character form?
The CDC+ Employer
- Who maintains the background screening materials if the CDC+ employer hires staff from an agency as opposed to hiring a relative?
The Provider Agency. Note: the CDC+ Employer can request that the agency employee bring a copy of letter to the CDC+ consumer’s house prior to providing direct care services to CDC+ consumer. This will ensure that the Agency has performed the screening on their agency employee and that the consumer is protected.
- What can a provider share?
The clearance letter and any public record (FDLE) information.
- Who is responsible for the cost of background screening, regardless of the outcome either leading to or denial of employment?
The prospective employee or the CDC+ employer. The CDC+ employer cannot use the CDC+ monthly budget to pay for background screenings.
- I have an employee who was screened in 2008 and their screening has not expired and there has been no break in service from the other employer. Can those screening records be shared with the new employer?
- What does the 5 year re-screening procedure consist of?
A level 2 background screening that includes the Good Moral Character form ( Download: APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character) , fingerprint submission to FDLE and FBI screening and may include a local criminal record check through the local law enforcement agencies in the county where the employee resides.
- How does the participant/employer get a fingerprint card for their area?
APD Area office staff can assist with obtaining the fingerprint cards, however with IDENTICO LLC you don’t have to be inked, we use electronic fingerprinting solutions and collect your prints on our live scan equipment. We can even help if you don’t know your ORI# or OCA# numbers.
- Where does the prospective employee get their fingerprints completed in their area?
APD Area office staff can assist with locating approved vendors. In a mean time, don’t use unreliable vendors, call IDENTICO today and let us earn your business.
- Where the employer can get the required OCA and ORI numbers for the live scan?
We would like to post the list with all areas OCA and ORI numbers for the Consumer Directed Care Program:
ORI # OCA #
FL921751Z EAPDFC20Z 02374RL1Z for Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton
FL921761Z EAPDFC20Z 02374RL1Z for Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes
FL921781Z EAPDFC20Z 04010564Z for Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist
FL921781Z EAPDFC20Z 04161726Z for Clay, Duval & Nassau
FL921781Z EAPDFC20Z 04640735Z for Flagler, St. John, Putnam & Volusia
FL921801Z EAPDFC20Z 05524312Z for Hillsborough & Manatee
FL921791Z EAPDFC20Z 05524312Z for Pasco, Pinellas, DeSoto & Sarasota
FL921811Z EAPDFC20Z 07481292Z for Brevard, Orange, Osceola, Seminole
FL921821Z EAPDFC20Z 08087278Z for Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry & Lee
FL921831Z EAPDFC20Z 09503226Z for Palm Beach County
FL921841Z EAPDFC20Z 10065621Z for Broward County
FL921851Z EAPDFC20Z 11112293Z for Miami-Dade, Monroe
FL921781Z EAPDFC20Z 04640735Z for Flagler & Volusia
FL921921Z EAPDFC20Z 13600002Z for Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Sumter
FL921931Z EAPDFC20Z 14530143Z for Hardee, Highlands, Polk
FL923341Z EAPDFC20Z 15561233Z for Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, St Lucie
The APD Area office staff can also assist.
In order to get fingerprinted as part of APD’s CDC Plus program requirement please contact IDENTICO LLC today. We are FDLE approved Live Scan vendor, and we transmit your fingerprints for FBI Level 2 Background Check so APD/DCF gets the results of screening in as less as 72 hours. The cost of screening is $62.00 for DCF or $80 for APD. Visit our official website www.myidentico.com or call us today (954) 239-8590.
We have an open door policy at our office located at 3948 Pembroke Road, Suite E, Pembroke Park, FL, 33021, however if you would like to schedule an appointment at certain time, please visit http://www.myidentico.com/hitappoint/ and we’ll serve you first regardless of any wait line.
The team of IDENTICO LLC