The Level 2 Background Screening for Florida Mortgage Lender License is required by F.S. 494.00611
All license applicants must submit fingerprints in accordance with rules adopted by the Financial Services Commission:
1. The fingerprints may be submitted to the registry, the office, or a vendor acting on behalf of the registry or the office.
2. The office may contract with a third-party vendor to provide live-scan fingerprinting in lieu of a paper fingerprint card.
3. A state criminal history background check must be conducted through the Department of Law Enforcement, and a federal criminal history background check must be conducted through the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
4. All fingerprints submitted to the Department of Law Enforcement must be submitted electronically and entered into the statewide automated fingerprint identification system established in s. 943.05(2)(b) and available for use in accordance with s. 943.05(2)(g) and (h). The office shall pay an annual fee to the department to participate in the system and inform the department of any person whose fingerprints are no longer required to be retained.
5. The costs of fingerprint processing, including the cost of retaining the fingerprints, shall be borne by the person subject to the background check.
The Florida Office of Financial Regulation will not begin its review of Mortgage Broker License application until all the items listed below have been received:
o Form MU1 filed through NMLS
o Statutorily required application fee and guaranty fund fee ($500 + $100)
o FBI criminal history background check results (control persons)
o FDLE criminal history background check results (control persons)
o Credit report (control persons)
Fingerprints must be submitted to a live scan vendor approved by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, such as IDENTICO LLC. , for submission to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for a state criminal background check and to the Federal Bureau of
Investigation for an FBI criminal background check (ORI Number: FL921050Z). The cost of fingerprint processing is $54.25/applicant and shall be borne by the applicant and paid directly to the Live Scan vendor. Resubmission of the prints for the state criminal background check may be required if incorrect information (social security number, date of birth, etc…) is provided to the Live Scan vendor. Resubmission of prints will result in additional costs to the individual being reprinted.
The Mortgage Broker Licensing in Florida is regulated by the Office of Financial Regulation. In order to get fingerprinted as part of your Mortgage Broker Licensing application please contact IDENTICO LLC today. We are FDLE approved Live Scan vendor, and we electronically transmit your fingerprints for FBI Level 2 Background Check so the Florida Office of Financial Regulation gets the results of screening in as less as 72 hours. The cost of screening is $54.25. Visit our official website www.myidentico.com or call us today (954) 239-8590 for more information.
We have an open door policy at our office located at 3948 Pembroke Road, Suite E, Pembroke Park, FL, 33021, however if you would like to schedule an appointment at certain time, please visit “Schedule the Appointment Now” and we’ll serve you first regardless of any wait line. We have a mobile fingerprinting unit, which can travel to your location anywhere in South Florida and gets the job done. Traveling fees may apply, please call to schedule.